Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Page 86, Exercise E

What ACTION would you take in each situation?

1.     You arrive in good time at the airport, but discover that you have lost your ticket clerk says your name is not on the computer.
If I bought in agency I’d call there and I’d ask what happened, but if it’s really necessary to travel in this moment if I have money I’d buy other one.

2.       You find that your travel agent has entered the wrong check-in time on your itinerary and you have missed your flight. Your hosts are meeting you at the airport but by now they will be on their way there.
I'd call and I'd ask a solution, I'd call my hosts for explain the situation.

3.       You are a non-smokers, but the only seat avaible on the plane is in the smoking section. After take-off you find that your neighbor is a chain smoker and he doesn’t speak English.
I can´t do anything because I didn’t buy my ticket with time and the seat is the only one.

4.       You arrive at an airport in a foreign country expecting to be met, but there is no one there to meet you. You have a meeting in a couple of hours in the center on the city?
I’d looking for an information desk and ask about kinds of transportation, fastest routes and take one after calling from say my situation.

5.     Your train has missed the connection and now you are going to be an hour late for your appointment. You have only five minutes to find a phone and make one call.
I’d look for a telephone booth, public phone and call them if I don’t find one, I ask in an information desk if they can help me or can make a call with their phone.

6.       You are seen off a visitor. You arrive at the airport for his-her flight home and discover that the check-in desk for his-her flight is closed. You go to airport information. They tell you that, that airline is on strike.
I’d try to locate her-his by phone or wait that he-she calls me and tells me what happend.

No comments:

Post a Comment